The Yuba College Nursing program utilizes two vendors (Corporate Screening and Immunotrax) to verify a students criminal background check and immunization status prior to admission. All students will be required to complete this tracking process before admission, and must also use it verify current CPR certification and TB clearance throughout the duration of the program. A two-step tuberculin skin test is required for any incoming and continuing student who's last TB test was performed more than one year ago. Students will not be allowed to attend Yuba College Nursing courses without current verification on file prior to the start of every semester.
Full immunization completion can take up to six months. Therefore, it is highly recommended that students complete their immunizations prior to applying to the Yuba College Nursing program.
Specific Immunization Requirements
Documentation: Immunity to infections may be documented by either vaccine administration or a positive titer. Vaccines and titers offer the most objective documentation and protection for the student and institution. You can obtain official immunization documentation from health departments, military records, medical offices, or school records. All immunizations must be completed prior to starting the program and all immunization tracking is completed through the ImmuniTrax vendor. Students will be provided specific information for submission of their immunization documentation. Students are responsible for updating, verifying, and maintaining current immunizations through the ImmuniTrax vendor throughout the school year. Students that fall "out of compliance" due to non-submission of required information risk their status in the program.
1. Required Physical Evaluation: A physical examination is required. Nursing will provide students with specific information and forms for physical and health history. Information on any physical limitation must be provided to the program director for review.
2. Current Class "C" CPR certification: American Heart Association's "BLS for Healthcare Providers - Classroom for Professional Rescuers and Health Care Providers". This requirement cannot be met by taking an online CPR class.
3. A Two-Step Tuberculin Skin Test: If the 1st step is negative, repeat the PPD after 1 week and update again by month 11 to avoid another two-step test thereafter. If PPD is positive, a chest x-ray report is required every 5 years and a TB Questionnaire form must be completed annually.
4. Hepatitis B (3 dose series): A Hepatitis B titer is required, but must be positive/immune. Copies of lab reports are required as documentation. An "equivocal or non-immune" report will require a booster and submission of proof of booster. A declination form is acceptable for those with the series in progress.
5. Tetanus –Diphtheria – Pertussis (Tdap): Injection must be within 10 years old from the start of school.
6. Varicella: A Varicella titer is required, but it must be positive/immune. Copies of lab reports are required as documentation. An "equivocal or non-immune" report will require a booster and submission of proof of booster.
7. MMR: An MMR titer is required (for each: Measles, Mumps & Rubella), but it must be positive/immune. Copies of lab reports are required as documentation. An "equivocal or non-immune" report will require a booster and submission of proof of booster.
8. Influenza: Usually available in October and are required annually. A declination form is also accepted conditionally (until vaccinations become available). Those students that choose not to receive the flu vaccination will be required to wear masks at all times during clinical and labs.